Berlin, the capital of Germany. A big city with history!
I recommend to visit Berlin in October, why? Because of the festival of lights! ⇓
All my friends went to Berlin and everyone told me: „oh it was great, the weather was so beautiful,….“ So I went to Berlin and the weather was sh…, it was raining. So I tell you what to do while it’s raining. There are millions of activities while the sun is shining, but so soon as the rain starts your opportunity’s get less and less.
- Cinemaxx – go and watch a movie, to see a new cinema is also a new experience. I recommend the Cinemaxx in Potsdamerstr. 5, 10785 Berlin
- Visit a Museum, Berlin got heaps of Museums.
- watch a theater, you can see some for free.
- Visit the Trampolinhouse. It is so much fun
- Like to listen to some comediens? google Leseduene and you will find some.
if you are lucky like my friends you can do the outdoor activities like
- visit the Brandenburger Tor
- the popular Alexanderplatz and the Fernsehturm
- The Dom
- Berlin Wall
- memoriel of the Juden
- the victory column
- visit the Reichtagsbuilding
- walk along the Spree
- Castle Charlottenburg
spend the day in Potsdam, it is worth a visit. Potsdam is so different to Berlin and I recommend to see the Castle Sanssouci. A beautiful building and a huge park.
- Cafe Restaurant Auszeit in Kiautschoustr. 12a / Torfstr. 9 , 13353 Berlin a really cheap restaurant. I recommend the Fajitas con Pollo, more than you can ever eat for 6.90 €. I did fall in love with the homemade Ice tea, Mango Maracuja for 4.50 €
- Lindengarten in Nordueferstr. 15, 13353 Berlin One must do is to eat a currywurst and this restaurant served the best currywurst I’ve ever had.
- For a sunday Brunch I recommend the fuenf und sechzig in Torfstr. 11, 13353 Berlin Buffet for 9.90 € all you can eat. Lots of choices, beautiful made and the fresh pressed orange juice is just adorable
- For a coffee in Berlin center I recommend the Cafe Albrecht in Albrechtstr. Good choices for your breakfast with a beautiful coffee/ hot chocolate
How to get around: The U-Bahn and the S-Bahn, having good connections, it is really easy to get around, but don’t forget to buy a ticket. The ticket depends all how much time you spend in Berlin and how much you wanna use the U-Bahn and S-Bahn. The ticket is also for the Bus.
Festival of lights: is once a year and my secret hint for you. Usually in October. They are little storys about different things with music in the background. As a cover is used a building, different buildings like the Dom, Fernsehturm, Reichtagsbuilding,… best is to google it because every year they have different ideas.
Must do in Berlin:
- Eat a Currywurst
- Eat a Doener
- visit all the buildings of the history of Germany and the war. ⇑
Accommodation: I was staying at a friends place, of course I totally recommend his place but I don’t think he would be happy about unannounced guests.